Saturday, November 5, 2011

She Grins!

My nine year old, red brindle, slightly chubby pit bull girl is a grinner. It is the ultimate statement of joy when she pulls her lips back to show her teeth in a beauty pageant grin. I treasure Lulu's grins and I have been trying to get a good picture of Lulu's grin for the whole eight years she has lived with me. This is one of the best shots. Grinning requires a lot of wiggling and dancing.
This weekend the senior, red, starved girl who has not told us her name yet is staying with me. She grins too. She is in my guest room so she can have peace and quiet to rest and regain her strength away from prying dog eyes and teasing cats. Every time I open the door to visit her I am greeted with a wide grin that makes her whole body wiggle and dance.
Her specialty is the one sided grin. She flashes a half smile for every little joy she experiences, whether its sniffing the morning air, settling down on a clean blanket, or licking her dinner bowl clean.
This is one brave and strong girl. She has no muscles and yet somehow she proudly trots around the back yard when its her time outside. She can't get enough affection and melts for belly rubs and massages. She deserves to spend the rest of her life warm and loved, with a full belly, grinning for someone who treasures her as I treasure my grinning girl.
She has really earned her happy ending.

12 comments:

  1. How could someone let that girl get in that condition? She looks so sweet. Thank you for taking her in and caring for her. Hopefully she will find a forever home with people that deserve her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute girl! She reminds me of my dog Ender who also grins. Whenever he grins at me with one lip I think he's doing an Elvis impersonation so I start singing my favorite Elvis song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just noticed in the last picture that she has 2 different colored eyes. She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post contains the kind of news that keeps me coming back to the Barn Blog and has inspired my recent volunteer efforts.

    Thank you, Letti, for your generous and kindly spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love her and am sending a little something her way, in the hopes that she will never stop smiling. :)

    http://maisieme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. that last photo just melts my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post made me show MY happy teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bless you and bless these beautiful dogs. Here's hoping she will make it. Thanks for sharing these amazing dogs with those of us who care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is that one brown eye and one blue eye? And a grin?!?! Wow, what a beatiful, sweet, loving girl. Thank you for giving her a warm place to stay, a loving embrace, and a full dinner bowl. It took a while to put some weight on my thin boy. Goat cheese in his Kong really helped. :o) Talk about a reason to grin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sweetheart is a survivor. She is so absolutely lucky to have BadRap in her corner so committed to getting her through this horrendous situation. Her beautiful spirit will be a gift to the fortunate sole who gives her a forever home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's it, I'm officially in love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG Lettie, she is gorgeous. I just want to scoop her right up. I hope she finds her forever home soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, questions and feedback!